Monday, January 21, 2013

CD Release thoughts and pictures

Well, it had been a few days since I wrote anything, so I thought I'd go ahead and change that.  I mentioned before that I'd include some pictures from my CD Release performance, and so I shall.  I still think back fondly on that day -- I had been battling a cold for the better part of a week, and voice was incredibly hoarse.  Doing soundcheck the night before was ghastly.  However, someone must have been looking out for me, because while my voice wasn't perfect, at least I was able to get through it.









It was a really nice show, all in all, and my musical guests were fantastic!  Molly Kate Andrews, who sang with me on the album version of "Lovesick Blues," joined me for three songs: reprising "Lovesick Blues," a gorgeous rendition of a new song I wrote called "Still Falling," and our own take on the Everly Brothers classic "When Will I Be Loved."

Molly Kate's sister Megan, who also has a tremendous voice, took the lead on Leonard Cohen's classic "Hallelujah."  Molly Kate and I sang harmonies, and many in the audience considered it the highlight of the show.  That is, of course, after I realized I was playing the bloody song in the wrong bloody key.  We had a good laugh about that.

Mellad Abeid of the Celtic band An Dochas played on two songs: "Ballad of the Flowery Trail" and "Mexico City Blues."  I've known Mellad for years -- the man is an amazing guitarist, and one heck of a nice guy, to boot.  The finale of the show was fun, as all my guests joined me again, as well as my lovely wife, to bust out "Senorita in the Sunshine."

It must also be mentioned the terrific job my brother Thomas did running lights and sound.  That kid is good at what he does.

So there you are.  If you're at all interested, there are more pictures to be found at my website.  Hopefully some video will be coming soon, too!

www.aarongabriel.net

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment