Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Random thoughts on a lovely March evening


I've been thinking a lot lately about trying to find a female vocalist (or female vocalist/instrumentalist) to join forces with me.  My main reasons are as follows:

1. My voice isn't that great.
2. See #1.

While I enjoy the solo aspect of my music, singing with another person adds such a great dynamic.  Some of my favorite groups are like that -- the Weepies, the Civil Wars, Whiskeytown, the Swell Season, etc. etc.  I'm not saying that this will be happening any time soon, but it's something to think about.

And if you know someone who might be interested, let me know.

My wife and I are looking at selling our house and trying to buy a charming little Victorian home about ten minutes from where we live.  Still in the very early stages, but exciting, nonetheless.

I performed "Lovesick Blues" on KCHW 102.7 Chewelah this past December to promote my CD Release.  I've got the song up on my website, under the Music tab.  You should check it out.

I'm also on Jango Internet Radio!  http://www.jango.com/music/Aaron+Gabriel  Pretty cool.

The weather is finally starting to act like Spring around here.  It's been a bit depressing leaving for work in below-freezing temperatures, but the afternoons have been glorious lately.

My blog is closing in on 400 viewers.  I'm going to assume that's a good thing.

I've been wanting to start working on my Christmas album for about a month now, and so far I have done diddly.  This time of year tends to get a bit hectic, which is kind of funny, because I consider myself really, really boring.

I have somewhere around thirty new songs to space out over a few new albums.  Plus I'm constantly writing down lyrics for new ideas.  This pleases me.

I did mention on my blog that this would contain both musings and sometimes ramblings.  Consider this the latter.

Have a great Easter, everybody!

-Aaron
www.aarongabriel.net

No comments:

Post a Comment