Monday, February 25, 2013

Chris Trapper is a nice guy

A few weeks back I was fortunate enough to be interviewed for a very cool independent music blog called Musical Magnificence.  In the interview, they asked me about my musical influences, and I responded with:

Don McLean, for his poetry.  Paul Westerberg, for his honesty.  Chris Trapper, for his sincerity.

Maybe not the wittiest things I've ever come up with, but hey, they sounded good at the time.  And those three really have had a big influence on my music and songwriting.

(If you're interested, you can read the interview here.)

Anyway, I follow Chris Trapper on Facebook, and decided to message him letting him know that I mentioned him in an interview, and what his music meant to me, that sort of thing.  Just being polite, really.  Today I got this reply from Mr. Trapper himself:

Aaron, thanks that means a lot to me! CT

Okay, it's not the biggest message, but still -- the man is a successful musician, in the midst of touring, and he took the time to send me that.  So I think that I can firmly claim that Chris Trapper is, indeed, a nice guy.

Lates,
Aaron

www.aarongabriel.net

No comments:

Post a Comment