Friday, January 11, 2013

And so it begins...

January 11th, 2013.  I believe this may be the day my last shred of child-like innocence left me, because I have entered the world of blogging.

I have entered the world of blogging...in the interest of establishing a stronger online presence for my music.  Let that sink in for a moment.  True, I am certainly not savvy or knowledgable when it comes to blogs (and a lot of technology, for that matter), but it seems like an arena where I only type about myself seems like a strange way to promote my music.  Granted, I'll be using this space to talk primarily about my music, but still...seems strange.

I apologize for using my maiden post to talk about how surreal this all is.  Who knows?  It could become a huge help for me -- I guess I just need to look at the positive.

I just realized that if you stumbled across this blog by accident, you might be a little confused as to who I am and what I'm doing here.  So with that in mind...

My name is Aaron Gabriel.  I'm an aspiring singer/songwriter from the tiny town of Chewelah, nestled in the northeast section of Washington state.  I've been involved in music in one form or another for about fifteen years -- I've done some time in various bands, but I've gone solo for the time being.  It's somewhat liberating, but also a bit terrifying...mostly in a good way.

The fairest way to describe my music is a sort of cross between alternative folk and acoustic pop.  It's music that I like to make -- mostly acoustic, but with various instruments used around the edges, and a lot of harmonies on top.  I like it, and other people seem to like it, too.

I take a large amount of pride in my songwriting.  I suppose I would like to be considered as a songwriter, primarily -- I love writing songs that speak to people, that a person can hear and think, yeah, I get that.  The way I see it, every song is meant for someone, even if we haven't met.

Well, this should be enough to get the ball rolling.  Be sure to check out my website, http://www.aarongabriel.net  And let me know what you think!  I really appreciate feedback.

Cheers,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment